Internal Control Specialist to Storytel
Gazella is now recruiting an Internal Control Specialist to Storytel, a Swedish audiobook streaming subscription service, based in Stockholm. Storytel is on an exciting growth journey and is listed at Nasdaq First North Growth Market with a market cap of around 15 billion sek. In your role as Internal Control Specialist, you will be part of our amazing Internal Control team. The goal of the team is to build a foundation for Storytel’s future growth by having reliable and user-friendly processes while withholding balanced risk levels. One of our daily challenges is to ensure that internal control is an integral part of everything we do which helps our colleagues stay engaged and productive.
You will work closely with your team in various risk and compliance-related topics and report to the Head of Internal Control. Furthermore, you will interact with various internal and external stakeholders in our organization and be a trusted business advisor in the fields of Internal Control and Risk Management.
What Storytel offers you
Storytel offers a friendly, entrepreneurial and fast-moving work environment where new ideas and creativity is welcomed. Storytel like doing things in new ways and questioning old methods. The Storytel culture – characterized by being welcoming and helpful, is important to them. Storytel don’t believe in hierarchy and micromanagement, they highly believe in giving responsibility and having people grow alongside it. The HQ is situated in the center of Stockholm.
- Continuously support strengthening the internal control framework for Storytel’s business processes through teaming up with the business.
- Lead Internal Control reviews e.g. virtual or on-site business assessments of our local entities.
- Facilitate risk workshops with different teams representing e.g. Tech, Finance, Content, and other business functions
- Continuously follow-up on mitigation plans according to Storytels Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Facilitate and assist in planning of e.g. external audits of the internal control framework
- Around 5-8 years of experience within the area of Audit or/and Internal Control or/and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Ability to communicate complex topics and dependencies clearly to fit different audiences e.g. a management team or tech team.
- Strong project leadership skills, including time management and the ability to lead yourself and others.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently.
And for some bonus points:
- Previous experience from global consulting firms (e.g. Big 4).
- You care about the security of our systems and can foster a culture of enabling users and encouraging compliance with policies.
- In this role, you are organized and analytical, adept at working in a high-performing team environment, able to follow a project schedule, have a continuous improvement mindset, and are capable of managing multiple priorities concurrently.
- Excellent at writing and speaking English and Swedish.
- Experience in working with a tech-driven organization (e.g. within streaming services or the fintech sector).
We are looking for a proactive self-starter and team player with a dynamic mindset and excellent analytical skills. You are fluent in English, both written and oral and have strong communication skills and ability to break down complex items to simple terms, especially across non-financial groups. You also have strong data and analytical skills and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Storytel is one of the world’s largest subscription services for streaming audio and e-books, offering over 500,000 titles globally. Storytels vision is to make the world a more empathetic and creative place, with the help of fantastic stories that can be shared and experienced by anyone, anywhere – and anytime. Storytel’s streaming operations are conducted under the Storytel and Mofibo brands. Storytel operates in over 20 markets around the world and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. Read more about Storytel at their webpage: www.storytel.com.
Is this you? Apply by using the “Ladda upp CV och sök tjänsten” button on Gazellas webpage. In this recruitment processes, Storytel is working together with Gazella. If you have any questions you are welcome to contact Patrik Sundelin, who is responsible for this position at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vi använder ditt CV för att hitta relevanta jobb för din profil. Genom att gå vidare i processen nedan och trycka på knappen ”Ladda upp CV och sök tjänsten” godkänner du att vi samlar in och lagrar dina personuppgifter.